Sunday 19 June 2011

I'm saying good-bye to Vancouver

Yesterday, I had two appointments with my Korean friends, Soo and Jung-Min. Soo invited me to her place and she prepared for amazing lunch. She is very good at cooking, so I already expected that the food would be great. However, it was beyond my expectation; she made a steak, a salad, and a salmon pasta like an Italian restaurant. After lunch, she brought me to the cafe "Agro" which is ranked the 2nd on the list of the most popular cafes in Yale town. We used to hang out around Yale town before I moved to the place where I live now. She told me she wants me to be her neighbor again when I come back to Vancouver. I had a lot of fun with her while I felt pain on my heart because of sadness.

At dinner, I met Jung-Min who is my parents' friend (she is now my friend, though). She brought her son to introduce him to me. He can't speak Korean very well, but he speaks very formal Korean all the time. It was very impressive. Eventhough Jung-Min and I are not in the same age group, but we always had fun whenever we hung out with each other. She helped me get used to Vancouver life, so I could enjoy Vancouver without any difficulties. I don't know how to thank her enough. I want her to visit Korea as soon as possible, then I will treat her as a V.I.P.

How sweet they are!
I'm so lucky to meet them.

It is so difficult for me to say good-bye to people in Vancouver.
I still don't know how to say good-bye to Vancouver where I feel like it is my second hometown.

3 comments:

  1. We are all going to miss your smile and your philosophical temperament a lot, Hee-Jung! I wish you all the best in your future, and I hope you can come back to Vancouver, if that is what you desire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't go back to Korea, Hee-Jung!! :(
    I already miss you! and thank you very much for your wonderful gift :)

    I'm coming to Korea, so let's have SPICY food :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee Jung, I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to you personally. So I'll say it here.... It was nice to have you as a classmate. I wish you all the best for your future. Have a safe trip back to Korea!

    ReplyDelete